Sat, May 06|
Franklin Elementary School
Franklin's Multicultural Celebration
For the first time since 2019, the Franklin Multicultural Celebration is BACK! Join us Saturday, May 6th to celebrate our community's many cultures from 4-5:30pm for volunteer-led cultural booths, performances, trivia and raffles.
Time & Location
May 06, 2023, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Franklin Elementary School, 125 Derby St, West Newton, MA 02465, USA
About the Event
Dear Franklin Community,
For the first time since 2019, the Franklin Multicultural Celebration is BACK! Join us Saturday, May 6th 4-5:30pm to celebrate our community's many cultures for volunteer-led cultural booths, performances, trivia and raffles. The Multicultural Celebration invites us to come together to learn, discover, and celebrate in an atmosphere that honors everyone.
Since this event is a celebration of our community, we need volunteers from the community to share their cultures -- sign up today to host a booth* or put on a performance: www.tinyurl.com/MCCFranklin
If your child is in 4th or 5th grade, you may remember this event, and those of us who are 3rd grade or younger, we look forward to celebrating with you for the first time. We want this event to connect people and there are many ways to enjoy the event:
- Volunteer to host a cultural booth*
- Come celebrate with curiosity and collect passport stamps as you go
- Perform a song, dance, or special talent
Thank you for contributing and celebrating with us!
谢谢 | Gracias! | Medaase | Obrigado! | Спасибо | Thank You | 감사합니다 | Merci |
Yuliya Bratnikov (Leo, K)
Siobhan Crosby (Nathan, 3rd)
Interested in hosting a booth? Here's what it involves:
- $10 from the PTO towards your display
- Fun for the whole family-- have your kids help make and staff the booth
- Use a poster board or display as a starting point-- we will provide you with a folding table to set up on
- Does not have to be big: display photos, art, language, sports, anything from your culture
- Many people wear traditional clothing while staffing their booths
- In the past, we have had students circulate with "Passports" and gather information about the booths, but this year there are no passports! Each student will be given a "suitcase" to collect country stickers and other items
- You are invited to bring supplies for a small project that students could do in about 5 minutes-- this is not required, but it's fun to offer a hands-on component at your booth.
- If you need additional supplies, we have a limited budget that could help. Please check with the hosts