Incoming Kindergarten Visiting Day
Time & Location
About the Event
Dear Parents/Guardians of Incoming Kindergarten Students:
The Franklin kindergarten teachers and all of the Franklin faculty are delighted to welcome you and your child to the Franklin School community!
We are extending an invitation on June 2nd from 1:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. for you and your child to attend a “playtime visit” on the small playground (right side of the building). The rising kindergarteners will have an opportunity to play and then take a small group tour into the building with our kindergarten teachers. At this time parents will remain outside and have an opportunity to speak with the building principal, staff members, and PTO.
We understand that you may have questions about the safety of entering our school building during this time of COVID. We follow all safety protocols, linked here, recommended by Newton Health and Human Services (HHS). We’re asking that only one parent/guardian attend the visiting day. Please make arrangements to leave siblings at home.
We want to provide an overview of what you can expect when you arrive at Franklin on June 2nd:
- All staff, children, and families must wear masks at all times.
- At 1:45 p.m. check in at the small playground. Your child will be given a nametag.
- At check-in, both you and your child will be asked to sanitize your hands.
- Children will play on the playground and at 1:55 p.m. kindergarten teachers will begin small group tours. Parents will be asked to remain on the playground and tours should last roughly 5 minutes.
- Upon entering the building your child will be asked to sanitize their hands.
- Parents will have an opportunity to engage and ask questions during this time.
- After the tour, the kindergarten teachers will return your child to the playground and retrieve the next group of children. At this time your child will be able to continue playing on the playground.
It is our hope that this visit will give our kindergarten teachers the opportunity to meet your child and will help your child feel more comfortable with their future surroundings.In most instances, children look forward to this time and will most likely move right into the school building. However, if your child has a difficult time separating from you, please be assured that we will help your child transition into the building.
Finally, before your visit, please email a recent photograph (headshot) of your child to our Franklin executive assistant, Siobhan Wheeler. Siobhan’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your child’s preferred name when you email the photo.
We look forward to seeing you and your child on June 2nd! If you have any questions before then, please feel free to reach out.
We are here to help.
Joel Jocelyn, Principal Dana Bennett, Administrator Siobhan Wheeler, Executive Assistant