Mon, Mar 28|
Jackie's Front Porch
Spring Cleaning & Clothing Donation Drive
We will be bringing donations to our Cradles to Crayons volunteer event next weekend and would love to include contributions from anyone who has them. When: Beginning MONDAY 3/28- LAST DAY on FRIDAY 4/1 Where: Jackie’s front porch, 167 Cherry Street
Time & Location
Mar 28, 2022, 8:00 AM – Apr 01, 2022, 8:00 PM
Jackie's Front Porch, 167 Cherry St, West Newton, MA 02465, USA
About the Event
Dear Franklin friends,
If you have been contemplating getting some cleaning and donating done, now’s the time! We will be bringing donations to our Cradles to Crayons volunteer event next weekend and would love to include contributions from anyone who has them.
When: Beginning MONDAY 3/28- LAST DAY on FRIDAY 4/1
Where: Jackie’s front porch, 167 Cherry Street
What: Please see below for the most needed items Cradles to Crayons is requesting, what they will accept and not accept. Please note items must be new or like-new to donate, for kids age birth-12.
AND, if you don't have items on hand but would like to donate, you can purchase clothing through Cradles to Crayons' Amazon Wish List - purchased items will be shipped directly to The Giving Factory and distributed out to children in need!
Cradles to Crayons creates KidPacks that are hand-selected with great care to meet children’s specific wants and needs. We accept a wide range of new and like-new items for children from birth through age 12.
Our mission strives to provide every child with the essentials they need to feel safe, warm, and valued. You can help us by making sure that your like-new donations are high-quality: not ripped, stained, broken, or missing pieces. Please review the standards below to ensure we can distribute your donations to a deserving child.
Most Needed Items:
- Winter Coats and Jackets
- New and Reusable Face Masks
- New Pajamas
What We Accept:
- Clothing and coats (youth sizes 0–20 and adult sizes small & medium)
- New socks and underwear
- New Pajamas
- Shoes, boots, sneakers, and sandals (infant/child sizes 0–13 and adult sizes 1–10)
- Books, especially baby board books
- New arts and crafts/school supplies
- Unopened diapers, all sizes
- New hygiene items
CLICK HERE for a more detailed list of our Donation Guidelines.
In the interest of the health/safety of the families we serve and in consideration of the limited space they may have access to, we CANNOT accept the following:
- We are not able to accept toys or baby gear of any kind (e.g., stuffed animals, play structures, strollers, car seats)
- Bathing suits or costumes
- Bicycles or ride-on toys
- Books and clothing with family-related messaging (“I Love Mommy,” “Daddy and I”)
- Cribs of any kind (due to recalls)
- DVDs/CDs/VHS tapes/computer games
- Furniture and household goods/items
- Knitted hats, mittens or gloves
- Rackets, mitts, hockey sticks, bats, helmets, skates, shin guards/pads
- Religious or holiday-related books
- Used arts and crafts/school supplies
- Used hygiene products, baby food, breast pumps and supplies, or bottles
- Used underwear or socks
- Violent toys/games
- Whitening toothpaste